I realize it may seem daunting to ask what you feel may be the simple or even, er, “stupid” questions when you are a first-time homebuyer. But by all means, DO NOT let your “pride” get in the way.
- What is a pre-approval and how long is it good for?
- Do I need 20% down?
- Will applying for a mortgage hurt my credit?
- Should I shop multiple lenders?
- What’s the best type of loan to get?
- When can I lock an interest rate?
- How much are closing costs?
- How does my lender get paid?
You’d be surprised to realize how many would love to know these answers and this short, fun video below covers each of them.
Still haven’t found what you’re looking for?
SVP of Mortgage Lending
Marin Office: 324 Sir Francis Drake Blvd., San Anselmo, CA 94960
*The views and opinions expressed on this site about work-related matters are my own, have not been reviewed or approved by Guaranteed Rate and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of Guaranteed Rate. In no way do I commit Guaranteed Rate to any position on any matter or issue without the express prior written consent of Guaranteed Rate’s Human Resources Department.